Notice of Special Meeting of the Governing Board of the Peach Springs Unified School District
Monday, January 20, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Peach Springs Unified School District #8- Governing Board of Education
403 Diamond Creek Road (Elementary School)
Peach Springs, Arizona 86434
Pursuant to A.R.S. $ 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the members of the Governing Board and the Public that the board will hold a meeting open to the public on Monday, January 20, 2016 at 6:00 p.m., in the Governing Board meeting room, Peach Springs Unified School District No.8, 403 Diamond Creek Road (Peach Springs Elementary School), in Peach Springs, Arizona. Information regarding agenda items, with the exception of materials relating to Executive Sessions, may be reviewed in the District Administrative Offices located at 403 Diamond Creek Road, Peach Springs, Arizona.
The Governing Board of the Peach Springs Unified School District #8 may vote to meet in executive session intermittently throughout the meeting pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03, to review and discuss certain matters which are marked by an asterisk(*). Additionally, the Board may vote to go into Executive Session on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.03 (A) (3), for discussion or legal advice from the Board’s attorney, which may occur via person or telephone. Any Executive Session discussions will not be open to the public. However, all Board decisions will be made in the open public meeting.
If any disabled person needs any type of accommodation, please notify administration at (928) 769-9034 prior to the time scheduled for the meeting. All members of the public wishing to address the Board are required to sign the attendance sign-in sheet and complete a Public Comment form. Board members of the Peach Springs Unified School District may attend either in person or, when necessary, by telephone, video conferencing, or internet conferencing.
I. CALL TO ORDER- Ms. Michelle Zephier, Board President, Peach Springs Unified School District #8
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. STATEMENT OF WELCOME
IV. ROLL CALL
V. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
VI. Approval of Governing Board Meeting Minutes
VII. OLD BUSINESS
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Building Usage Agreement
1. Dr. Purdum All One People Chiropractic for the high school facilities by the track for one year. (pending rate)
2. E-IEP Pro Software License Agreement for students with disabilities from November 1, 2015-October 31, 2016.
3. Revised proposal for special education IEP/MET/progress reports from Beth Ferry.
IX. Training and Travel
1. Discussion and possible action for Pre-training April 8 for Michelle Zephier, Emma Tapija, and Shawna Havatone to attend National School Board Convention pre-training in Boston, MA. Board approved April 9-11 on 1/11/2016.
2. Discussion and Possible Action to approve Kagan Letter of Agreement for instructional staff training on site for Day 3 training March 18, 2016 at rate of $4,499.00 for consultant fee
3. Discussion and Possible Action to approve APEA Conference April 22, 2016 for administration team
4. Discussion and Possible Action to approve My Foods kitchen web-based systems for kitchen training for school year 2016-2017.
1. Discussion and possible action to Approve District Payroll and Expense Vouchers 1615, 1617
2. Discussion and Possible Action on the following Wells Fargo activities:
A. Government Customer Certificate - All board members to complete
B. Signature card signatures for Jeren Smallcanyon and Jaime Cole with board members signature to authenticate your signatures.
C. Authorization certificate –Jeren Smallcanyon and Jaime Cole signatures with board member approval.
D. W-9 tax ID verification
A. Discussion and Possible Action regarding administrative recommendation for the hire of the following possible new employees (all recommended teachers and substitutes 1-5 have passed their fingerprint clearance, certification, and recommendations):
1. Ms. Valerie Klaus, special education teacher with full ADE special education certified teacher. Ms. Klaus has been substitute for 1st grade but would beginning serving as special education teacher (retroactive 1/19/2016). Salary would be prorated for the year although yearly rate is $43,110 masters + 24 hours (+ 5 year experience maximum we accept). Salary pending evidence and appropriate documentation.
2. Mr. Manish Bardwaj, 6-8 science teacher with full ADE science grades 6-12 as certified teacher with experience teaching biology, chemistry, and physics. Pending Manish Bardwaj’s attorney requests.
A. ANNOUCEMENTS AND DATE OF NEXT BOARD MEETING
Upcoming Board Meeting to be held at the Governing Board Meeting Room (in the Peach Springs Elementary School) located at 403 Diamond Creek Road, Peach Springs, AZ:
a. Regular Governing Board Meeting – Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
Dated this 18 of January 2016
Revised this 19 of January 2016